Friday, November 4, 2011

Sorry

Love means never having to say you're sorry
Don't just say it, do it.



Word of the day:-
“SORRY”

The word “Sorry” as defined in the Oxford Dictionary :-

  1. feeling distress, especially through sympathy (or compassion) with someone else’s misfortune.
  2. feeling regret or penitence – used to express apology.
  3. in a poor or pitiful state – unpleasant and regrettable.
“Penitent” – feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong / a person who repents their sins.

“Repent” – feel or express sincere regret or remorse.


If you truly love someone, you would try not to “do” anything regretful to the person(s) you love in the first place; and yet even the LORD once regretted having made mankind.  And yet, the LORD does not need to apologize to anyone for making man, but instead devices plans and make personal sacrifies to save and redeem mankind. 

Genesis 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:5
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Joshua 22:5
But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the LORD charged you, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Psalms 119:97
O how I love thy law! it is my meditation all the day.


Saying sorry is of no use if a person does not feel regret and repent in his wrongdoing. 
Love is more of a verb than a noun. 

How do you prove that you love the LORD?  It is by following, declaring and “doing” his commandment and law. (Joshua 22:5)


Proverbs 19:1
Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.

Mark 7:6
He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.


"Love means never having to say you're sorry", was a line from the movieLove Story” (1970 film). In this case, where the number 2 meaning in the dictionary applies. 

  

Husband and wife, how do you prove to each other that you love one another?  By remaining faithful to your marriage vows; everything else that comes with marriage is just sugar & spice.  If a man or a woman says or declares that he or she will be faithful but commits adultery, has made void what he or she has declared and has made their marriage vows meaningless.  You do not love and honour your spouse with your lips or just by saying sorry after you commit adultery; you love and honour your spouse with your integrity and commitment of faithfullness, never to commit adultery in the first place.

     
Proverbs 27:5
Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Harsh criticism is better than undeclared love because you are not doing anything or reacting on how you feel, for love is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit and if you do not react to love, it simply bears NO fruit.  You give nothing and therefore you will get nothing in return.  Out of love, God created a sustainable nature (animals and plants) for us to enjoy before He created man.  God did not create man first and leave him waiting with nothing while He goes to create the universe; NO, God created a comfortable surrounding for us before He put Adam in the Garden of Eden.   

Can the LORD secretly love us and not correct us at the same time when He sees us doing wrong things? 

Can He secretly love us and not bestow upon us His many bountiful gifts?

Can the LORD secretly love us and not declare or tell us that He loves us?

If LOVE in kept in secret and not revealed in broad daylight, we would continue on with our evil ways (without His corrections), we will be utterly miserable and destitute (without His gifts of all sorts including the gifts of the Holy Spirit - i.e. peace, joy, love and etc) and we will feel unloved and abandoned (without His revealed presence and declaration).

That is why the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Jesus of Nazareth) will reveal Himself to the Children of Israel in the near future and return to us in broad daylight and live among us again openly the way He did 2000 years ago.   



Matthew 7:11
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?



Sometimes, I am so fearful of people that I practically start my sentences with the word “sorry”…….  It is good to be courteous but saying the word too many times until it has lost its true meaning defeats the purpose. I guess you do not have to say sorry when you have not done any harmful things, but sometimes we say sorry hoping to calm things down especially with our enemies.  

Even so, I did regrettable things especially to those people I love and did not say sorry. 

Is it right then to say sorry to your enemies and not say sorry to your loved ones?   

Sometimes, when I am feeling so tired and mad at everything, I tend to shout at the top of my voice at my mother and sister.  Like every regrettable thing, I regret almost immediately after doing so but I did not say sorry to my mom or sis.  

After many years, one day I exploded again and later I told my mother that I did not mean to shout at her and I told her that I am not sure how to say sorry to her (my mom); and she answered me in Cantonese which meant something similar to “love means never having to say that you are sorry”.  

She said, “you don’t have to say anything because I understand what you are going through and I love you.”   Each time I shouted, it is because she loved me first and whatever I did, she looked with the eyes of love at the grief and madness that overcame me. Because love is not judgmental, she did not look at my actions and she did not take my shouting personally, even as I try to lessen and hopefully fully refrain from shouting at home.      

Even my dog Lucky is trying to teach us not to shout at mother.  Sometimes when my sister shouted at my mother, Lucky will run to my mother’s side and will growl and bark very loudly AT my sister as if telling her not to shout at mother.  When my sister stopped shouting, lucky will also stop barking at the same time and walk away………..

Luckily, Lucky has never barked at me (whenever I am shouting) the way he barked at my sister……..hhhhmmm strange……….


So how do we love our parents?  Take care of them when they are not able to take care of themselves and hopefully with some respect regardless of whether you think they deserve it or not.


The LORD look at us through the lens of love and all He sees are little children running around, screaming and shouting at the world that has gone awry. 

We look at GOD from our fallen world with our crooked lens from the crooked cage of religion and all we see is a crooked God.

We must first remove our crooked glass and straighten our crooked ways so that we can SEE HIM AS HE IS.  (Which is NOT CROOKED.)

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Isaiah 42:16
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Isaiah 40:3
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 17:11
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.



Proverbs 27:7
The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

Song of Solomon 4:11
Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.

Exodus 16:31
And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Psalms 78:25
Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

John 6:58
This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.


No comments: